Adirondack Park and Preserve- Reflections of the Day

The Adirondacks are a complicated place.  Scratch that the Adirondacks are an incredibly complicated place.  You see, while scenes like yesterday’s view from the top of Mt. Marcy are what we picture when talking about the Adirondacks only about 40% of the Park is owned by the State of New York.  The other 60% are owned by individuals, non-profits, and corporations.  Yet the Adirondack Park Agency has a great deal of power over private landowners.  Think of it as a single zoning board for an area the size of Vermont.  It is possible to find hamlets and villages in the Adirondack Park where the residents have to drive ten to fifteen  miles simply to buy gas.  Brant Lake seen below is one such location.

A church and the old library, along with a private house are reflected in the tranquil waters of Brant Lake, a town with no gas station, no grocery, no restaurants and no school.

A church and the old library, along with a private house are reflected in the tranquil waters of Brant Lake, a town with no gas station, no grocery, no restaurants and no school.

Interested in buying this photo for a decorative piece?  Find it here:  http://joshua-house.artistwebsites.com/featured/reflections-of-the-day-black-and-white-joshua-house.html

Want to check out the very cool small library in Brant Lake? Here’s their website.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Photography- Adirondacks and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Adirondack Park and Preserve- Reflections of the Day

  1. Opps, I’d meant to include the Town of Horicon library’s website yesterday. Well here it is today instead. http://www.horiconny.gov/library.html

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s